Sunday, November 05, 2006

I love friends!

Saturday... mmm, often an interesting day, never quite know whats gonna happen! I often start out with some sort of plan for the day which rarely works out the way I think! Today my plan was to do some work and generally mope around a bit. In reality it didn't quite pan out that way! I did get up, have a chat with Bri and Lorna, did a spot of work and moped around a little.... BUT then it got better. I needed a bit of cheering up and decided I was gonna go out for a walk... thing is, in Portsmouth there aren't a great deal of ''scenic'' places to walk...nonetheless, with the fabulous company of Lorna I took a stroll down to one of the nicer places - the beach! And d'ya know what, God's timing never ceases to make me smile - without any sort of planning we arrived down at the exact moment of sunset, if we'd have got there five minutes later the sun would have been gone. So we sat on the beach, surrounded by a gorgeous lilac sky with a wonderfully bright orange sun disappearing for the evening, it was so relaxing and exactly what I needed - Thanks God!! After that I just felt a whole lot cheerier and had a fab evening with Lorna, Bri and Graham (and X factor of course.... grrr @ Louis..!) We then went for a little drive and saw a few fireworks going off here there and everywhere. I guess my main thought today is how blessed I feel to have the friends that God has given me, not just the ones mentioned here but soooo many more! The last few days have really shown me that I am surrounded by amazing people here, constantly willing to listen to all my pathetic moanings about stupid things. So today is just an I LOVE FRIENDS post - lets always be thankful for lovely people! :-D

No comments: