Sunday, November 05, 2006

Still loving friends

Today was good. Well there were good parts to it anyways. Church this morning was really cool - it was a family service and there was a guest speaker leading. It was rather different from the usual Eastney service but it was great! The message was about the fact that Jesus is the substitute for our sins - nothing that I've not heard before but its always great to be reminded of things because all too often I believe we can end up taking things for granted. After church most of us students went out to lunch as per usual which was nice.
When I got home I attempted to do some work but wasn't particularly feeling like doing much.... but just at the right time, one by one my beautiful housemates ended up in my room and we had the most amazing chat about all sorts of things that are bothering us and a brilliant time of prayer together. I just feel so thankful that we have this fabulous bond where we can do these sorts of things, get emotional, laugh, cry, pray and just be there for each other in the way that God wants his people to be there for each other! So just like yesterday I am praising God for friends and wondering where I'd be without them!
This evenings service was good, though I think I must be honest and say that my mind has been quite distracted the last couple of days and I didn't listen to the sermon in the way that I should have done so can't write much about what it was about....
Anyways I came back, did a spot of work and am now about to chill out and hopefully fall asleep.

1 comment:

Welshie said...

welcome to blogdom :)